Goldmining is causing the lag, and must stop

Learn about the latest updates here.
Cheystar
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Re: Goldmining is causing the lag, and must stop

Post by Cheystar »

Munin wrote: July 4th, 2024, 11:54:54 am
Cheystar wrote: July 3rd, 2024, 2:10:58 pm If goldmining was causing all the lag, what is causing it now? I've been dealing with the lag for several days now.
It was not causing all the lag, it was just one contributing factor. There´s also fun things like webcrawlers and ai bots accessing the site and who knows what else going on. Plus it cannot be ruled out that some people still do goldmine, having missed that adults no longer give gold.

Hmm. I think I'd contribute it more to the servers or the hosting site more than bots.
LadyJhudora
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by LadyJhudora »

Does anyone have any info on what times the lag appears to be the worst, im trying to avoid logging on during those times in general.

currently its 6pm Pacific Daylight Saving Time GMT-7, and the lag is unbearable. I time out more often than i can connect to a page or it will take several minutes to load anything. I live in an area with amazing internet and have a great pc, so i figure maybe its just a popular time to be on or maybe a host issue wherever theyre located.

Just trying to find a nice time to log in and enjoy the site without any site breaking lag.
LTB Heartthrob Eshmeri Hatchling SB Male
Shakura
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Shakura »

LadyJhudora wrote: July 23rd, 2024, 9:29:09 pm Does anyone have any info on what times the lag appears to be the worst, im trying to avoid logging on during those times in general.
It is currently 10am (GMT+2) for me and the site works quite well. What I can tell you is, that the site usually lags really bad at around 6pm (GMT+2) when I get home from work and is unbearable until I go to bed at midnight. Sometimes it gets better after midnight/late night.

Edit: it's now 8pm an not lagging, however, it was a bit laggy earlier this day at around 1-3pm. Whelp, so much for that. It fluctuates, but the general gist is that early morning is good and late evening it isn't, with windows of well performance in between.

There is also more lag/502 errors when new releases and events happen, because more users are online and actively doing stuff on the site.
ImageImageI love Birds!Image <3 (( Quicksale / Shop ))
Looking for Gender Swaps of many Shop Creatures!
View my Profile for a List of all Magistream Birds! (WISHLIST!)
LunatheDragoness
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by LunatheDragoness »

Are we able to go back to goldmining how we used to? Using the image free goldmine site?
Been sick with COVID for the past week :t-sick:
Donec Cove
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

LunatheDragoness wrote: August 2nd, 2024, 3:27:00 pm Are we able to go back to goldmining how we used to? Using the image free goldmine site?
Since adult creatures no longer give gold, I'm going to say that the old method of goldmining will likely never be returning.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
LunatheDragoness
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by LunatheDragoness »

sammythethief wrote: August 2nd, 2024, 4:27:23 pm
LunatheDragoness wrote: August 2nd, 2024, 3:27:00 pm Are we able to go back to goldmining how we used to? Using the image free goldmine site?
Since adult creatures no longer give gold, I'm going to say that the old method of goldmining will likely never be returning.
Yeah I forgot about that..
Been sick with COVID for the past week :t-sick:
Donec Cove

Return to “Site News”