Moderator: Roleplay Stage Moderators

Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
Vampirewolf2212
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: Firelight Madness • The Miller's Inn

Post by Vampirewolf2212 »

I'll do an edit on that and post tomorrow. Yeah I wasn't thinking too much when I was thinking of the length of the spear sorry ^^;;

But I'll fix that and post tomorrow ^_^
I'm back for a time -smiles- Hello everyone.
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀ SPREAD THE FAIL WHALE

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Goldchocobo
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Goldchocobo »

LunaStarlite wrote:I got it. Thank you. ^^

Like I said, I loved the monsters in PR. Their design was awesome. And the character 'Newt' is adorable. I didn't really care for anything else though. The main characters were pretty stereotypical I felt.
Did you know that one of my favorite creature desginers designed the creatures from Pacific Rim?
Wayne Barlowe

I'll post tomorrow, I'm tired today and getting an inkling of a sinus headache on my left eye which is distracting and draining concentration...
LunaStarlite
CreaturesTrade

Post by LunaStarlite »

No no! Cause, as Silver pointed out to me, a spear's use is sort of in its length. There are spears over ten feet long- those can actually stop something massive charging at you. If you shorten it much it'll be more useless as a spear, you can still throw and stab with it as a shorter weapon but like, do you want it for throwing/stabbing or for stopping something charging? *shrugs* I'm just saying it'll catch on things and be harder to move around with if it's long. I wouldn't make it longer.
Silvereye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Location: The Riddermark. For those who are not of the Rohirrim, that's Rohan. *rides away*

Post by Silvereye »

Now, you COULD have an asagi (my spelling for that is probably wrong), and that's an African short-spear meant to be thrown OR used sort of like a Westerner might use a sword...
Sorry, modding again...my knowledge of weapons is actually really good, so I tend to...*hides in corner* I shut up now.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Vampirewolf2212
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Vampirewolf2212 »

Oh don't worry you two, I'm grateful for the information and help :3 I just thought I could use a weapon that I haven't tried out in an rp before. When making the length it is now, I was thinking that it could be used for stabbing and close range rather than for throwing. Would it work better still if it were six feet instead of seven? I'm starting to think now for Khaos' height that it would work better for her as six feet instead of seven.
I'm back for a time -smiles- Hello everyone.
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀ SPREAD THE FAIL WHALE

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LunaStarlite
CreaturesTrade

Post by LunaStarlite »

At this rate I'd say it depends on what you like/what you want it for. I do believe for stabbing you wouldnt want it too long. You should talk to Silver about that, she definitely knows what different types/lengths/makes are good for. All I care about is that you realize if something will be hard or at least not easy to get around with for rp realism. Even if you can run through woods/trees okay with it at some point you'll encounter a low branch or a doorway and the spear will have to be oriented foreword to get through... *shrugs* mehhh, I don't wanna be picky. XS Just bear in mind the pros and cons.
Silvereye
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Location: The Riddermark. For those who are not of the Rohirrim, that's Rohan. *rides away*

Post by Silvereye »

Well Vamp...I know that even if it's for stabbing, if it's being used for hunting/ambush sorts of deals, seven is better. But six is better if you're thinking of actually using it a bit like a quarter staff with a blade on the end (Nicholas' staff being about 6' itself and used as a quarter staff). But it really depends on specific uses you're going for...hunting in general, or fighting? A hunting spear is different than a fighting spear after all, the intended use is far different.

But...I think seven might be your better bet in general...just keep in mind she'd probably be carrying it horizontal more often than not, until fighting actually started.
LunaStarlite
CreaturesTrade

Post by LunaStarlite »

Sooooo! How is everybody today?
Silvereye
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Silvereye »

Tired...very tired. But...alright I suppose. Anyone else?
LunaStarlite
CreaturesTrade

Post by LunaStarlite »

Gold, I'd like to wait for you to post?

I go on google purposefully looking for anatomy reference for art and NOW it only shows me fully clothed models?? Google....

Return to “Backstage”