OFFICIAL: New Suggestions Thread

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: OFFICIAL: New Suggestions Thread

Post by Ayakashi »

ShadowDragon07 wrote:I see your point. Though what I mean by daycares and stuff...I can't look at the FAQ anymore, so i don't know what all it says anymore. But maybe just a general link to the daycare forum. There is a link in the rules for the reigndeer games, but maybe a small note saying 'help grow your eggs faster' or something. I looked at the Bunny's intro thing and it looks helpful. maybe a link in the welcome message to it.

Here's what the welcome email says.. there's a text link for 'introducing yourself' 'rules' 'FAQ' and 'The Stream'
Thane wrote:Highest regards, -magi name-,

You have entered the order of magic wielders and explorers. You may wish to begin by introducing yourself to your fellow Magi. You should also consider reading the rules and FAQ. Many adventures lie before you, exotic lands and mystical beasts never encountered. Start your journey into the arcane with a unique egg, plucked from The Stream and ready to be nurtured into adulthood. These creatures, fierce and magically endowed, will be powerful companions as you set out to roam lands unknown. Be wary of the dangerous beasts that dwell outside the keep, and take care to remain watchful of the ever-shifting world around you.

Hail and farewell on your travels,
High Archmage Thane

Are you sure you can't access the FAQ anymore? I'm pretty sure, even before I became a mod, that there was a link on the first page of the UCP to the FAQ.
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D
ShadowDragon07
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by ShadowDragon07 »

I tried clicking on it and got a 'you are not authorized to view this thread' or something along that line. o.0 What's UPC?
ImageImageImage Image
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ayakashi »

"UCP" = User Control Panel
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D
ShadowDragon07
CreaturesTrade

Post by ShadowDragon07 »

Ah, ok. Managed to get on it. Yay that it was updated this month. : ) Looks a lot more helpful than I remember. lol

Thought of another suggestion. When going to embed multiple creatures for clicking or shops, sometimes I click the wrong one, or it oddly adds two or more of the same one I clicked, maybe have a 'remove' like how trades do when choosing? Don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but it'd be a whole lot easier to remove an extra or 'oopsie' than to click off the embed, just to go back into your keep to do it again.
ImageImageImage Image
ApprenticeCrone
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by ApprenticeCrone »

ShadowDragon07 wrote:Ah, ok. Managed to get on it. Yay that it was updated this month. : ) Looks a lot more helpful than I remember. lol

Thought of another suggestion. When going to embed multiple creatures for clicking or shops, sometimes I click the wrong one, or it oddly adds two or more of the same one I clicked, maybe have a 'remove' like how trades do when choosing? Don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but it'd be a whole lot easier to remove an extra or 'oopsie' than to click off the embed, just to go back into your keep to do it again.
What I do for that is go ahead and continue embedding everything anyway, then when I get to the first place I was going to post it (like the shop post or first click thread) I use the full "post reply" button instead of the "quick reply" button, and use the "preview" function.

Then I can tell which is the duplicate or extra, and delete it from the post.

Much faster than trying to re-embed all of those creatures!

(Bunny still gets on MS occasionally, and is very nice, really. If you want to suggest something be added to his Beginner's Guide, don't be afraid to ask. -And if needed, you could also create your own.)
Clicks appreciated:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

Loaning out doni pets for breeding: FREE -see profile for details, then pm me
Myrin
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Myrin »

The ability to remove as well as add creatures in the "embed multiple" interface is definitely something I could get behind!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

codes:
Spoiler
[codeImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/code]
My GPX+: Image
Feuerfresser
CreaturesTrade

Post by Feuerfresser »

Myrin wrote:The ability to remove as well as add creatures in the "embed multiple" interface is definitely something I could get behind!

Agreed, would be much more comfortable than to pick this link out of a huge bunch of others to delete it

If you are looking for retired Donis, pls pm me or by here

If you are selling current or future donis please also pm me

Looking for Tinsel, please pm me
ShadowDragon07
CreaturesTrade

Post by ShadowDragon07 »

ApprenticeCrone wrote:
ShadowDragon07 wrote:Ah, ok. Managed to get on it. Yay that it was updated this month. : ) Looks a lot more helpful than I remember. lol

What I do for that is go ahead and continue embedding everything anyway, then when I get to the first place I was going to post it (like the shop post or first click thread) I use the full "post reply" button instead of the "quick reply" button, and use the "preview" function.

Then I can tell which is the duplicate or extra, and delete it from the post.

Much faster than trying to re-embed all of those creatures!

(Bunny still gets on MS occasionally, and is very nice, really. If you want to suggest something be added to his Beginner's Guide, don't be afraid to ask. -And if needed, you could also create your own.)
If you're only embedding a small handfull, like three to five, I can see that, but what about people who make shops? Or a mass gender swap? Or one of those LTB replies? Trying to find one out of 20+ is definitely tedious.

(And I suck at creating my own stuff. And I don't want to be a bother to Bunny.)
ImageImageImage Image
ApprenticeCrone
CreaturesTrade

Post by ApprenticeCrone »

Oh, lol, if it's only a dozen or so I just redo the embed!

I only use that trick when I'm trying to sell the couple hundred extra nandi bear hatchlings, or use creatures to bid in an auction and there are more than several dozen, you know?

Yeah, a "delete last" option might be easier -but it's at the point when you've already entered a ton of creatures that it's handier to keep going than to start over :lol:
Clicks appreciated:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

Loaning out doni pets for breeding: FREE -see profile for details, then pm me
GrowlingCupcake
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by GrowlingCupcake »

Not sure if this was mentioned but I would like to see an official, MS click exchange. I think it would reduce a lot of the growth problems and would help people out with getting some gold.

It would be a lot like the off-site Nursery we have but instead would be right on MS. I'd also like to see a function to show how many you want and whether you want images or not.
Working on getting back into things after a forced hiatus.
LTS: Shards at 50k each.

Return to “Support and Suggestions”