Phobias.. we all have one.

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

Shawchert
CreaturesTrade

Re: Phobias.. we all have one.

Post by Shawchert »

My phobia is fear of bridges.... I still cant ride my bike over the thru way bridge. some i can but i do get anxious and it's difficult if a car passes by
ImageImageImageImageImage
froglady
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

I hate bridges because when I was 6 my little hometown had one of the biggest bridge disasters in US history. I still don't trust them and hate to get stuck in traffic sitting on an overpass. Makes me nervous. It's not a phobia, really, just leftover fear from my childhood.

My big phobia is kind of weird. I can't go into those big warehouse stores like Costco or Home Depot. I get so uptight I can't breathe and have to leave. All that stuff stacked up on either side of me looks like it's falling in toward the center and going to crush me. I even get vertigo because I have no peripheral frame of reference outside the aisle I'm in.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
peachybby
CreaturesTrade

Post by peachybby »

Claustrophobia. Yes, I know, pretty common. Mine goes pretty far. When I watch tv, anything on it that’s set in a tight space (movies like The Descent, 47 Meters Down 2) really get my lungs constricting. When my husband wrestles me, rolling me in the blankets or hugging me too hard, I panic! Ideas like spelunking give me nightmares!
CrayRosie
CreaturesTrade

Post by CrayRosie »

Worms.
I know it is strange. I am aware of it. I know it isn't rational, hence why it is a phobia.
I am not necessarily scared, but it makes me violently ill, and I cannot look at, or say the name.

When it rains it is awful
Thank you for the clicks!
♥♥♥♥♥♥ Take care of one another
Be kind and fair
We all deserve happiness
♥♥♥♥♥♥ Warm regards,
Your favourite Aussie <3
Kass
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kass »

Thalassophobia. The fear of the ocean, or large/deep bodies of water.

I discovered it when on a Pier and the tide was up as a child.. I went near the edge with my parents for a photo shoot and immediately felt such deep terror.. nowadays I can't fathom travelling by boat, a ship, or cruise. I get the chills watching tv, movies or playing video games with such themes (haha.. Pirates of the Caribbean was more like a horror movie for me in certain scenes but I still loved them).

Another one, Chilopodophobia? Centipedes. Spiders don't bother me (if they mind their business), but these long.. fast.. venomous.. things - NOPE! I'm simply grateful that in the UK they aren't very big compared to other warmer places.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

I click all eggs/hatchies on the page above me when posting
<3
If you click my eggs and hatchlings back, Thank You!
<3
I appreciate every click and try to click back
castlevania
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by castlevania »

i have trypophobia- defined as the "fear of holes" but it isnt a fear so much as a highly unpleasant numbing sensation in my brain when i see highly specific patterns of clusters of anything "small", not limited to being circular in shape. pondweed, brain coral, specific brightly colored and clustered patterns of fish and insects (that are not necessarily aposematic), microscopic photos of cells (something that has stopped me from wanting to pursue labwork in medical fields), etc.

yet sometimes clusters of other things will not trigger the numbing/itching reaction in my brain. it is odd. again- not a phobia as in an irrational fear, so much as an instinct to avoid seeing these things to prevent that gross sensation in my mind.
𝑎𝑠𝑝ℎ𝑜, 𝑖𝑡/ℎ𝑒, 𝑚𝑦 𝑤𝑒𝑏𝑠𝑖𝑡𝑒: 𝔩𝔲𝔠𝔞𝔯𝔡 @ 𝔫𝔢𝔬𝔠𝔦𝔱𝔦𝔢𝔰
𝖘𝖎𝖌𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖗𝖙: 𝑛𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑖𝑡𝑎

🕸️ 𝖒𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖊: 𝑒𝑏, 𝑔𝑏, 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒
(𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒅: 9/17/24)

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
dahliais
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by dahliais »

Those fast-moving arthropods. Spiders, centipedes, cockroaches and so on.
In where I live house centipedes can grow as large as an adult''s palm. They live in my storeroom and bathroom in large numbers, and make my scalp tingle all the time. I allow them to exist because they kill cockroaches and other pests and never attack human, but their slender spotted legs make me uneasy. I call them horrible friends.
Ironically, my fear also goes for some crabs (even though they are delicious).
<3 May all go well with you. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Hall of Speakers”