Creatures 1557-1564: Marble Fish

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Aneira
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: Creatures 1557-1564: Marble Fish

Post by Aneira »

Adult Male Koi Marble Fish:
Spoiler
Albeit very heavy, marble fish adults are expert swimmers. The air magic they control allows them to move freely in the water, maybe even better than regular fish. Although sociable, the marble fish prefer to stick to specific locations, wherever they feel the most comfortable with the environment. This makes some of the known marble fish types rarer than others. In an attempt to obtain more of the hardy scales, a few hybrid marble fish were created. They have no specific preferences for the waters they inhibit although they do tend to live in areas where other marble fish are present. Most of the scales of these fish are used in creating decorative statues for their colorful patterns give structures a mesmerizing look. The scales shed from them are gathered monthly with great care. Statues shaped as marble fish made from their very scales are often placed near ponds and lakes as a show of gratitude for everything these creatures offer.
Image❖ Malo mori quam fodari ❖ Image
❄ ❄
Seejey
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Seejey »

Male Tortoiseshell Marble Fish hatchling:

It's similar, but not just a recolour of the others from the Stream...

Description:
Spoiler
Marble fish hatchlings spend the first few weeks of their lives stuck on the sea bed because of their inability to float. In the time it takes them to control their magic, thoughtful parents and other benevolent creatures alike feed and care for them. Fortunately, they have no natural predators as their stone-like bodies would do nothing but harm if ingested. Playful by nature yet unable to move much, the marble fish hatchlings entertain themselves by moving around on the seafloor in a crawl-like manner, leaving behind them intricate patterns. They start to gain control over their air magic as soon as they shed their hardy scales for the first time. From there on, it is only a matter of time until they start swimming around with there rest of the fish.

Found all around the world, marble fish are creatures adapted to both salt and freshwater, their scales varying in colors in order to blend in with the environment. Unlike other water creatures, marble fish possess an unusual control over air magic. With their stone-hard scales and heavy bodies, these fish rely on their magic to swim. They create air bubbles under their bodies which prevent them from sinking. Popular among the rich for their colorful scales, the marble fish make for easy to care for pets. They are sociable fish so sharing a tank with a koi fish or a goldfish is not uncommon. For those who see beyond their beauty, they are incredibly useful companions. Marble fish shed their scales every few months, leaving behind them durable stones that are reshaped and used as a prime material in many constructions.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR CLICKING AND FOR THE PRESENTS! I WISH EVERYTHING BACK! DOUBLE! ^_^

Dreamlist: parentless Silver Alicanto hatchlings and frozen egg & Gilded Mirrorfin.
Wishlist: parentless and shiny forms, hatchling Cascara Amagnae and Water or Dark Shop creatures, please! :t-puppyeyes:

Wanna get more clicks? Try this! Image Image Image Image
Image Image
gaktive
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by gaktive »

idk im new so maybe im reading into the descriptions too much... but is it possible that these fish are hinting at having items to obtain from them? the koi marble fish even says their stones/scales can be gathered monthly. idk the blog posts have mentioned a few times "item related shenanigans" coming soon (i hate the word shenanigans just a pet peeve of mine) which is vague but could point to more creatures having items to offer.

also the rose gold and koi marble fish sprites are incredible, the others are great but these ones colors are just beautiful!
thank you for clicking (:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LunatheDragoness
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by LunatheDragoness »

gaktive wrote: October 16th, 2024, 5:57:09 pm idk im new so maybe im reading into the descriptions too much... but is it possible that these fish are hinting at having items to obtain from them? the koi marble fish even says their stones/scales can be gathered monthly. idk the blog posts have mentioned a few times "item related shenanigans" coming soon (i hate the word shenanigans just a pet peeve of mine) which is vague but could point to more creatures having items to offer.

also the rose gold and koi marble fish sprites are incredible, the others are great but these ones colors are just beautiful!
i think you're on to something ^.^
Currently busy with college. Send PM if I haven't sent you an order from Donec Cove.
ImageImageImage
Donec CoveLTT Riparian Forest Creatures
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Real wrote: October 16th, 2024, 2:38:27 am Just a note, the adults have different descriptions ^.^
Sorry about that, Real! They should all be fixed. :facepalm:

Size difference between regular marble fish and hybrid marble fish hatchlings. I think that's a neat touch:
ImageImageImageImage

Doesn't appear to be that way for the adults, though, huh. :wat:
ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Airasyraye on October 16th, 2024, 10:49:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out free gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, hrybrids, alt colors. PM me if you have some to sell! :t-swoon:
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Windi1 »

Adult Tortoiseshell male

Description
Spoiler
Albeit very heavy, marble fish adults are expert swimmers. The air magic they control allows them to move freely in the water, maybe even better than regular fish. Although sociable, the marble fish prefer to stick to specific locations, wherever they feel the most comfortable with the environment. This makes some of the known marble fish types rarer than others. In an attempt to obtain more of the hardy scales, a few hybrid marble fish were created. They have no specific preferences for the waters they inhibit although they do tend to live in areas where other marble fish are present. Most of the scales of these fish are used in creating decorative statues for their colorful patterns give structures a mesmerizing look. The scales shed from them are gathered monthly with great care. Statues shaped as marble fish made from their very scales are often placed near ponds and lakes as a show of gratitude for everything these creatures offer.
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Event pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds,
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, All Wraithes
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: All Event pets and Sylphs Hoarding:
ImageImage
00/25 gifts
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

1557 - Gold
1558 - Black
1559 - White
1560 - Rose Gold

1561 - Koi - white x gold
1562 - Tortoiseshell - gold x monochrome or Monochrome x Koi
1563 - Monochrome - white x black
1564 -

Anyone figured out the last one yet?

Fixed the order.. added new combo
Last edited by CinnaminDraconna on October 17th, 2024, 7:23:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wishlist | Lineage Freebies
I collect any/all unicorns and lineage creatures

Newest Lineage - Wyld Wyverns
If you no longer want your lineage progenitors, I'd love to adopt them
If you have a lineage that I don't have a member of, I'd love to have one, PM me
Seejey
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Seejey »

My Tortoiseshell is above my Monochrome, so their numbers are wrong, but we don't know whether the one we haven't figured out yet really is number 1564...

BTW: the Tortoiseshell can't breed yet... just like the Rose Gold... hmmm... :wtf:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR CLICKING AND FOR THE PRESENTS! I WISH EVERYTHING BACK! DOUBLE! ^_^

Dreamlist: parentless Silver Alicanto hatchlings and frozen egg & Gilded Mirrorfin.
Wishlist: parentless and shiny forms, hatchling Cascara Amagnae and Water or Dark Shop creatures, please! :t-puppyeyes:

Wanna get more clicks? Try this! Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

You can get tortoiseshell out of Monochrome x Koi.

Breeding cooldowns don't work on these (yet) which kind of annoys when you're trying to figure out hybrids.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out free gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, hrybrids, alt colors. PM me if you have some to sell! :t-swoon:
Thaliel
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Thaliel »

CinnaminDraconna wrote: October 16th, 2024, 10:50:53 pm 1557 - Gold
1558 - Black
1559 - White
1560 - Rose Gold

1561 - Koi - white x gold
1562 - Tortoiseshell - gold x monochrome
1563 - Monochrome - white x black
1564 -

Anyone figured out the last one yet?

Fixed the order
BlackxGold is probably too simple a solution I assume?
Image <-click

Return to “Community Discussion”