Temple Doni Raffle

Raffles, contests and giveaways can be held here

Moderator: Merchant District Moderators

Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: Temple Doni Raffle

Post by Rainwater »

If you haven't read it, I would recommend Tailchaser's Song by Tad Williams. It is an interesting book from a cat's point of view, seeking out a loved one and going on an adventure to find her. Only, he finds more adventure than expected!

I would probably pick the Temple Ghazal because I forgot to get a hatchie for it. Otherwise, I don't know. I like all the Temple critters!
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImage
pokomagi01
An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by pokomagi01 »

I absolutely love the Blood of Eden trilogy. It's a Y/A series which follows a 17yr old woman who becomes a vampire. It follows her struggles as she travels across America with a group of tightly knit, vampire hating humans.
It's an action packed book with some aspects of gore and romance, but what I loved the most was the twists and the leg bouncing suspence which has you thinking, "Will they make it?"

10/10 would recommend. The first book is called 'The Immortal Rules'

If you read it, send me a PM and tell me what you think :wave:
6and
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by 6and »

I love the airborn book series by kenneth oppel, the fantasy paired with young romance, adventure and stream punk aspects made this book series my favorite growing up! Please check it out!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
✦6AND the MAG3✦
Thanks for the clicks!
My Laptop screen is broken bare with me pls.
dahliais
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by dahliais »

For popular science, I'd recommend The Economic Naturalist: In Search of Explanations for Everyday by Robert.H.Frank. The author offers possible economic explanations for some common but usually ignored phenomenons in daily life, from product design to supply-demand relationship, all in plain language so no need for relevant knowledge. You may disagree with these explanations and that's ok——it's not something like textbooks, just read and think and generate your own opinions.
<3 May all go well with you. ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

I'd also recommend Watership Down by Richard Adams . Like Tailchaser, it is an adventure, but with rabbits this time. And while I know there is a movie of the book, I just think the book is better.
dahliais
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by dahliais »

If you haven't read it, I recommend The Call of the Wild by Jack London. Top one animal novels for me. A short, terse story that takes a while to finish, but has great artistic tension, showing great natural and primitive religious color. It's a dangerous and intense adventure from a dog's point of view-the frozen, pitiless while sacred Northland, struggling gold miners and their tough, savage sled dogs, hazy descriptions of genetic memories and the mythically mysterious call from the deepest Wild. The tininess and greatness of a single life are fully displayed.
By the way, there is a movie adaption. It's more tender and softer compared to the book I think.
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

Another book that could be interesting is called A Wolf Story, by James Byron Huggins. I enjoyed it, but it might depend on your personal taste as it does have strong religious undertones. The characters are animals and it is their beliefs, but one still can't miss it.
dahliais
CreaturesTrade

Post by dahliais »

Then I'd recommend The Conference of the Birds by Farid ud-Din Attar, a long poem from Iran. The story itself is not hard to understand, but the small parables inserted create a kind of mystique. The main topic is about philosophy of life (as I understand). It's OK if you don't know the religious background, but it's better to know something beforehand.
Aolasai
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aolasai »

My other recommendation by Jaymin Eve is called Shadow Beast Shifters. It's a paranormal romance series with 6 books in total. It's a really good series with an interesting world and plot and it's easy to get hooked with how well written it is. It's definitely in my top 10.
♥ ~ Spooky Season Is Coming! ~ ♥ Current Status: Trying to figure out what I'm going to be when I grow up!
Currently on Repeat: Upside Down ~ nothing, nowhere.
♥♥ Wish List ♥♥ Image
Artwork created by Silflame
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

What about Haunt Fox by Jim Kjelgaard? Granted he has many animal based stories, but I really did like this one. But, as it involves hunting, it might not be your cup of tea.

Return to “Zocalo”