Temple Doni Raffle

Raffles, contests and giveaways can be held here

Moderator: Merchant District Moderators

Real
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Temple Doni Raffle

Post by Real »

Hello and welcome to the Temple Doni Raffle!

As Magistream turned 15 this year I'd like to celebrate by holding multiple doni raffles.
This is the 4th raffle, following the Winter Doni, the Cascara Butterfly, and the Plumed Cystalwings ones, and others will (hopefully) follow as the year progresses.

First, the prizes:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
All are unnamed, unfrozen and parentless.

Feel free to do anything you wish with your doni if you win. Sell it, trade it, name it silly names, paint it funny colors, or feed it to your pet. Or, you know, keep it in your collection.

The raffle will end on the 5th of September at 23:59, magi time. I'll use trusty random.org to pick the winners.

How to enter the raffle? Well, simple. I'm a big fan of books so each entry will be a book recommendation. I'd prefer for a bit of reasoning as to why you recommend that book, not just a title. Any kind of book is allowed, just keep it site-friendly, ok?
You can enter as many times as you want (one entry per day) but can only win once.
To spice things up a little, feel free to tell me which temple critter you'd like to receive in case you win. I can't guarantee you'll receive it, though, as there's a chance for 2 or more winners to ask for the same creature. If it's taken by someone else, you'll receive any other prize.

Now, feed me some books :devil:
by Saebra
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: Temple Doni Raffle

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

I am recommending Dead Until Dark, it is the first novel in Charlaine Harris' series The Southern Vampire Mysteries. I really enjoyed the tv series True Blood and I loved the book it was based on.

Should I win I would choose the Temple Cat.. if that one isn't available, I'd pick one that I don't already have one of.
Wishlist | Lineage Freebies
I collect any/all unicorns and lineage creatures

Newest Lineage - Wyld Wyverns
If you no longer want your lineage progenitors, I'd love to adopt them
If you have a lineage that I don't have a member of, I'd love to have one, PM me
regalfrost
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by regalfrost »

I would recommend the Jouster series by Mercedes Lackey, but only the first three books even if its a quartet of books. The fourth one frankly ruins all the worldbuilding up to that point in my opinion. But they are a "dragon rider" series but rather a generic European setting its an Egyptian one so it doesn't feel stale even if it has some of the mainstays of that sort of series. The dragons are interesting and the main character is enjoyable to follow through the books as he grows (though I will warn he starts as basically a slave in the first one but he escapes that). The female lead can be a bit Much but it isn't too bad.

If I win I would choose the Temple Runner.
I go by Henry or Harry, transmasc + he/him, usually only on in the afternoons of CST
I try to return clicks when/if I see them

----
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by darksouls »

Definitely recommend Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke. One of my favourite books, has been since I was little, and it speaks a lot to the themes of found family, and home being more than just a place, and moreso about the people you're with. I still love it to bits, really likeable characters.

If we win, we'd love the Burrower, but any would be fantastic! :D
Altairia
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Altairia »

The first book that came to my mind was All Yesterdays. It is a book about paleoart that challenges the trends we often see in reconstructions of prehistoric wildlife.

If I would win, my top pick would be a temple trickster, followed pretty closely by temple runner and temple ghazal.
Visit my new shop!
~~~
Looking for gender swaps- see the corresponding tab in my keep!
~~~
My wishlist!
🎂12th of Jan

My lab
Altairia
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Altairia »

My second book recommendation is The Art of War by Sun Tzu himself. You do not have to be a military- or history fanatic in order to learn from this book's lessons. I was surprised to hear it quoted in a Pokemon game of all places!
Visit my new shop!
~~~
~~~
My wishlist!
🎂12th of Jan

My lab
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

This time I'd like to recommend A Kiss of Shadows by Laurell K. Hamilton; it's book 1 of a fantasy series about faerie creatures in modern day America. It's adult oriented, but very well written and pretty believable as well.
Wishlist | Lineage Freebies
I collect any/all unicorns and lineage creatures

Newest Lineage - Wyld Wyverns
If you no longer want your lineage progenitors, I'd love to adopt them
If you have a lineage that I don't have a member of, I'd love to have one, PM me
Altairia
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Altairia »

I'd like to mention Dinotopia for my third book recommendation. The illustrations are just gorgeous and really bring to life the wonderful worldbuilding. The book can be easily enjoyed by people of all ages. My friend gave it to me as a gift because she knew I loved dinosaurs and my mother read it to me when I was a child, I even wrote an essay about it for school, I have a lot of fond memories of this book :) Apparently there's at least one sequel which takes things to a rather odd direction, wasn't a big fan of what it sounded like.
Visit my new shop!
~~~
~~~
My wishlist!
🎂12th of Jan

My lab
Aolasai
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aolasai »

My book recommendation would be Bound To The Battle God: Aspect and Anchor Book 1. I enjoy Ruby Dixon and her science fantasy romances; I was unsure about this one since it wasn't what I was used to reading from her however by the end of the book I was ready to read more. Thankfully, 3 more followed suit not long after and I would have to say it's by far one of my favorite series to date. It's a Fantasy romance but it's got a little bit of everything to keep you going and of course a HEA. The world building is amazing and she keeps you on your toes all throughout. I could never suggest this one enough to a fellow avid reader.

As for the doni, if I win I would either go for the Temple Trickster with the runner/cat being second. :)
♥ ~ Spooky Season Is Coming! ~ ♥ Current Status: Trying to figure out what I'm going to be when I grow up!
Currently on Repeat: Upside Down ~ nothing, nowhere.
♥♥ Wish List ♥♥ Image
Artwork created by Silflame
Altairia
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Altairia »

My fourth entry will be Tales of Earthsea. To this day I keep thinking of a few scenes from this book, it has been quite inspiring and influental for my own works. I unfortunately only got to read the first part of the series, I heard it got even better in the later books.
Visit my new shop!
~~~
~~~
My wishlist!
🎂12th of Jan

My lab

Return to “Zocalo”