Temple Doni Raffle

Raffles, contests and giveaways can be held here

Moderator: Merchant District Moderators

pokomagi01
An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: Temple Doni Raffle

Post by pokomagi01 »

My friend recently reminded me of the 'Bird Box' book. Honestly, it was so much scarier than the movie and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Definitely not for the feint of heart! Very gory.
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

I mentioned Watership Down previously. So, should you read it (or if you already have), did you know it had a sequel? Tales from Watership Down by Richard Adams. It is more of a collection of short stories, but about the same characters and their mythological characters. It is nice as it gives more information on the characters and what happened after the first book ended.
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImage
Syth
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Syth »

Book: Redwall by Brian Jacques

It's a kid's book, but it's so rich in story that anyone of any age can enjoy it and I love his series! I don't have them all yet, but I'm working on it! The characters are as delightful as the adventures they go on.

I love kitties... so of course the Temple Cat and Leopard are my top picks among the prizes.
Thanks for hosting this :3
Beware of dragons for you are small & tasty.I Pledge Allegiance to the Lamb
Love maybe love, but there's no excuse for the ignorance.
RIP HiddenMystic 2024, you will be missed.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks for clicking! 0/25 gifts thank you!

ImageImageImageImageImage

Shop
Raffle
Wishlist
dahliais
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by dahliais »

Back again! This time is Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu, the foundation of Taoism. A philosophy of nature, balance, and spiritual harmony, short but profound. I read a little every night before sleep. Highly recommend for daily thoughts.
(Choose a good translation version! This is very, very, very helpful in understanding the subtle meaning of words and language rhythm.)
Last edited by dahliais on September 5th, 2024, 3:48:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
<3 May all go well with you. ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

How about The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle. Another fantasy book that you might have seen the movie for. The book has some extra scenes not seen in the movie, so I think it is worth a read.
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImage
Reima
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Reima »

So... I don't read a lot, I'm a slow reader & my mind tends to wander whenever I do. I'm really not the best at recommending stuff because of that reason
But I might as well, more people mean more views on things and a broader variety, right?
Ok, so, long name { The Witch and the Knight Will Survive }. I bought the first 2 volumes of this, I thiiiiink last month? There's a 3rd one, supposedly, somewhere, in the works, and I want it. And so far it's been pretty aight. I rarely buy anything to read or check out, but the art got me. And the story stuff didn't seem that bad either
Checked it out online before purchasing, the translation wasn't the best, but I liked it enough that my 'ok I'll check out a couple chapters' turned into me having skimmed through the whole bundle they had available. So....
What to say about it.... Mmm... Basically, main character gets back to the village they're from, people ain't exactly well, he thinks that a witch caused it, he's desperate and wants to find the one at fault, stuff, and what have you. In the end they gotta try and uphold the village somehow, and figure out how to stay alive and such
Really basic description, there are better summaries out there lol
But the series itself is very short too. So.... It's a quick read, if nothing else? I liked the art and characters, I thought it was interesting
All Temple critters are great. If I gotta name some then I do have a particular liking to the Cat, Dog & Runner, but really, they're all fire
This Signature looks so bad on mobile. Good lord it is HUGE. I'll need to work on that at some point. For now though I sleep
ImageImageImageImage
✯✦✯✧✯✦✯✧✯✦
Any objections, Lady?
✨ImageImage✨
To hatchling only C:
Wishlist Here
Real
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Real »

Many thanks to everyone who recommended books <3
I've only read the The Southern Vampire Mysteries series and the Lord of the Rings series, so plenty to look into.

Entrants:
Spoiler
1. CinnaminDraconna
2. regalfrost
3. darksouls
4. Altairia
5. Altairia
6. CinnaminDraconna
7. Altairia
8. Aolasai
9. Altairia
10. RicFule