Together We- What? Fine, Be That Way

This section is for writing that is completely your own, including the world it is set in

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

PaleoMage
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Together We- What? Fine, Be That Way

Post by PaleoMage »

Hey, people! It occurred to me today that a common figure in media - mostly anime, I think, though I can think of some other examples - is the lone awesome swordsman, with or without equally awesome sword. I decided to attempt to, if not subvert this cliche, at least put an interesting spin on it. I'll be updating very infrequently, though, since I'm busy and have other things to do in my free time; consequently, I've decided to write it in a first-person journal format so that I can fudge the details. :P

~1~
Ninth March, xxxx (the text has been smudged)
South of the Little Lake

My name is xxxxx (the text has been smudged*) . I am a young man wandering the countryside trying to avenge my father's death with my talking sword. Depending on who you are and whom you are connected to, that may sound crazy or it may sound cliche. Both assessments would be correct; it's crazy for me to try this on my own, and it has been done before. However, there's a bit of a catch.
My father was a master swordsman, and his prodigious skill was augmented by his sentient blade. They understood one another more than any man can expect to understand a piece of metal and much more than the average piece of metal can understand a man. One day, however, it was not enough.
I do not know how he died, but I am more or less aware who killed him. Indeed, I had to be in order to follow his trail and reclaim his sword. However, I cannot yet right this wrong. Having had no other wielder, Durendal here is understandably shaken up, and for some reason blames me for his master's death. Consequently, neither of us can regain our composure, much less work together. I can only drag him out of his sheath in especially dire circumstances or when I've managed to impress him with my ability to use lesser blades, and thus we are at an impasse when we ought to be able to level mountains.

*or the author is lazy and will edit this later
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sale Tab | Free Tab
Always buying Ambula bats at 300g each!
Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Re: Together We- What? Fine, Be That Way

Post by Raneth »

As this is original writing, I've moved it to the Parlor for you.
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...

Return to “The Parlor”