continue the story-!

Share any written short stories, novels, or poetry

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

SunDownStream
CreaturesTrade

continue the story-!

Post by SunDownStream »

“That will be $7.50,” the cashier said after ringing up the groceries Amy hoped to buy.

I looked in my wallet and saw only a $5 bill. Amy’s face flushed as she realized she would have to put a few things back.

“Um . . . sorry. I thought I had more money with me,” she replied. “What if I put back the bottle of juice? How much will that be?”

Immediately, the man standing in line behind me reached into his pocket, pulled out $2.50, and handed it to the cashier.
I have a interest in zoology :v

Fav animal is def wolf-

Thank you everyone for the eggs!
pokomagi01
An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: continue the story-!

Post by pokomagi01 »

Our hearts dropped as the cashier accepted the sweaty coins from the man's hands. His oily hair and stained shirt looked all too familiar to us.
I could see the tears start to swell in Amy's eyes as the man started to shuffle closer; breathing eagerly the closer he got.
It seems like she couldn't escape this nightmare co-worker no matter where she went. HR never does anything, and no one else at the office could care less. "Poor Gregory just had a rough upbringing, he could never hurt anyone."

I gently tugged Amy closer by her arm, staring daggers at Greg's pore covered face. His breathing seemed to get louder and I swear I could see sweat rolling down his temples.
It felt like the cashier was moving in slow motion as they entered the values into the register, barely sparing the three of us a glance. Even despite Amy's quiet sobs.

The ding of the register sounded like heaven to our ears. I snatched up the groceries and pulled Amy close behind me as we darted out the door. We started jogging which soon turned into sprinting as we made our way through the carpark, doing anything to put as much space as possible between us and Greg.
We finally reached the red van. Amy practically dove into the passenger seat, and I flung the bags of groceries into the backseat without a single care. Hopping into the driver's seat, I could see Greg fast approaching.

Return to “Tea House”