Quest Issue

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
machinefriend
Member of The Dark Brotherhood An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Quest Issue

Post by machinefriend »

Hey there! I couldn't find where to send a help ticket (if it's possible) so I figure I'd post here.

I'm a new player and I've been saving up my gold to join the Dark Brotherhood. It's pretty slow to accrue money so I have been careful not to spend anything, but I clicked on a quest (the Callisto island one with the old woman) just to see what it was, and I had apparently accepted it a while ago. It auto withdrew 10k from me without any prompt that it was going to do so. Like no "are you sure you want to do this?" sort of thing, just proceeding straight with the quest. Not sure if it's intended to work that way or not, but I certainly didn't want to do that.

Is there any way to roll back this quest or do I have to re-earn my money?

Thanks so much in advance!
i have no idea what's going on but at least i'm enthusiastic!
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Re: Quest Issue

Post by Enchanteddil »

Non of the quests take gold or creatures automatically. There are steps to each quest where you have to okay or accept to proceed. The quest text specifically tells you what creatures and how much gold you need to pay to proceed. It looks as if you accepted part 2 of the quest to get the Galactic Ray egg. That's when it takes 10k from you. It's only after you accept part 2 that you can proceed to the rest of it (the quest is called Memories). There is usually no rollback on quests once a member proceeds with it.
machinefriend
Member of The Dark Brotherhood An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by machinefriend »

Ahhh, I probably did accept it but I remember it last saying something like "you need 10k to proceed". All I did this time was click on the name of the quest to see what it was but I didn't know that it would continue it-- I guess that's what's very confusing to me. I must have accepted it way before I had 10k to spend because it never withdrew me until now. I suppose I'll just check the wiki instead of clicking on any quests from now on so it doesn't happen again.

Frustrating, but I suppose that's the way of things sometimes. ),:
i have no idea what's going on but at least i'm enthusiastic!
pies
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by pies »

Unfortunately there’s no way to fix this, but you could join the Artificer’s Association to get more gold. I don’t remember if it requires gold to complete the quest but it will probably require at least some. You can join as many Associations as you like but you can only be in one Guild at a time. You can buy an Alicanto Heart which allows you to earn 5 gold from every egg clicked, and 1 gold from every adult, and your gold will build up much faster.
-✨✨✨✨⭐️🦌⭐️✨✨✨✨-

Pie/Leo ✨ she/her ✨ socially anxious mess

✨ ImageImageImageImageImageImage ✨

✨ Final Outpost ✨

-✨✨✨✨⭐️🦌⭐️✨✨✨✨-
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

Part 2 of the quest is at The Keep. It says:
'You need to spend 10,000 gold in order to continue.

Without money: To leave for Callisto Islands with the old woman you need to have 10,000 gold to pay to a ship's captain.

With money: You pay a captain for you and the woman's journey to the Callisto Islands and begin your journey.
So you clicked on to proceed once you had the gold.

Sorry this happened to you. The magi wiki does give details of quests, so it's best to check it next time ^_^

Return to “Support and Suggestions”