Art's Poetry

This section is for writing that is completely your own, including the world it is set in

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Art's Poetry

Post by darksouls »

All posts made in this thread are by one of our system members, just not myself, Alex. We ask that people please be respectful to the system member posting here, and treat him as you would treat any other person.

He does speak a bit differently but all commentary and poetry will be his own. If I am posting, we will clarify.

I do help him with editing, but that is the only part I have in his work.

- Alex

Hello there. This section of the forums has not been active in... A very long time. I do hope that any viewers enjoy my work, should they stumble across this. I write poetry purely for my own enjoyment, it being a recently discovered hobby of mine.

If you have seen any of this work on Tumblr, I just wish to clarify that that is where I began posting it. We all left the platform for various personal reasons but I still wish to share my work with whoever will look, I suppose.

I mainly write about ecology, conservation, and animals but there are other themes as well. I will post whenever I feel like it, that may be every day or two but I am not sure. I might also include commentary at times.

Please do not repost anything, thank you. Feel free to comment or ask me things, though I do not wish to receive critique, apologies.

I do hope you enjoy.

- Art (he/him)
Last edited by darksouls on May 27th, 2024, 12:31:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Art's Poetry

Post by darksouls »

-
Last edited by darksouls on August 8th, 2024, 7:09:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by darksouls »

-
Last edited by darksouls on August 8th, 2024, 7:09:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Ardroth wrote: May 28th, 2024, 1:21:02 am Hello again. Alex mentioned this in the 'how was your day' thread but anyhow, last night, a poem came to me in a dream of all things.

ordained

your way is not of pain
your destiny not ordained
stand up, brave warrior
brush the dust from your shoulders
and keep fighting

And here is another, that is a fair bit older but of a similar theme.

roar

i’ll go down screaming
biting, clawing, slashing
not because i don’t know
how to die quietly
but because this time?
oh this time,
i refuse to

- Art
I really like both of these, especially the second one. I'm one of those who prefer rhyming rather than freeform poetry, but these are good. <3

I liked "coelacanth" also, I'm just not a big "humans are the enemy" type. :t-shrug:
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out free gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, hrybrids, alt colors. PM me if you have some to sell! :t-swoon:
ImageImage
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by darksouls »

Airasyraye wrote: May 28th, 2024, 1:54:18 am I really like both of these, especially the second one. I'm one of those who prefer rhyming rather than freeform poetry, but these are good. <3
Thank you kindly. I consider that to be very high praise, since you prefer rhyming.

I actually do have quite the variety, I have written short freeforms, longer poems that rhyme, and haikus. I mostly write whatever comes to my mind, in all honesty.

I truly appreciate the response.

*Edited to respond to your other response, as well.

I completely understand, though I am far from believing humans are the enemy, myself, though I can understand how it could be seen like that. I suppose that one can be open to any interpretation, though yours is one I appreciate regardless.

- Art
Last edited by darksouls on May 28th, 2024, 2:05:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by darksouls »

-
Last edited by darksouls on August 8th, 2024, 7:09:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by darksouls »

faithful

for as rusted
and as worn
as i am
i will forever
be your sword

- Art
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by darksouls »

-
Last edited by darksouls on August 8th, 2024, 7:09:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by darksouls »

-
Last edited by darksouls on August 8th, 2024, 7:09:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by darksouls »

-
Last edited by darksouls on August 8th, 2024, 7:10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Parlor”