interesting bestiary facts?

Come here, take a break, chat with friends about anything and everything.
castlevania
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

interesting bestiary facts?

Post by castlevania »

whether or not you like the creature, what are some bestiary entries (or specific facts in them) you thought were interesting?

i really love how foreboding the Forgotten Unicorn's description progressively becomes, with each life stage it grows into

i also love the myth about tearing into a felos' chest and finding blood-red rubies inside, at the expense of everyone forgetting who you are.
π‘Žπ‘ π‘β„Žπ‘œ, 𝑖𝑑/β„Žπ‘’, π‘šπ‘¦ 𝑀𝑒𝑏𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒: π”©π”²π” π”žπ”―π”‘ @ 𝔫𝔒𝔬𝔠𝔦𝔱𝔦𝔒𝔰
π–˜π–Žπ–Œπ–“π–†π–™π–šπ–—π–Š 𝖆𝖗𝖙: π‘›π‘œπ‘π‘’π‘–π‘‘π‘Ž

πŸ•ΈοΈ π–’π–ž π–˜π–™π–”π–—π–Š: 𝑒𝑏, 𝑔𝑏, π‘‘π‘œπ‘›π‘–π‘  π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘šπ‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘’
(π’“π’†π’”π’•π’π’„π’Œπ’†π’…: 8/2/24 price reduction on Riparian creatures)
πŸ•ΈοΈ π–™π–—π–†π–‰π–Šπ–˜: 𝑖. π‘–π‘ π‘œ π‘‘π‘–π‘œπ‘›π‘¦π‘β„Ž & π‘™π‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘ 𝑐𝑀𝑠

ImageImage
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: interesting bestiary facts?

Post by darksouls »

The Ouranian Koi's adult description makes all of us emotional. <3
Eden
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Eden »

The Seer Butterfly's description definitely captures the air of eerie intrigue that real life moths have. Sending the hubristic masses mad through mysterious visions is also very Greek myth coded.
castlevania wrote: ↑May 30th, 2024, 3:44:30 pm whether or not you like the creature, what are some bestiary entries (or specific facts in them) you thought were interesting?

i really love how foreboding the Forgotten Unicorn's description progressively becomes, with each life stage it grows into

i also love the myth about tearing into a felos' chest and finding blood-red rubies inside, at the expense of everyone forgetting who you are.
The Forgotten Unicorn was not something I should've looked up this late in the night lol. "There are so many young ones that die, and so many opportunities." That line in any context is just horrifying.
darksouls wrote: ↑May 30th, 2024, 4:01:58 pm The Ouranian Koi's adult description makes all of us emotional. <3
Damn, I had to go read it and now I'm sad lol.
castlevania
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by castlevania »

darksouls wrote: ↑May 30th, 2024, 4:01:58 pm The Ouranian Koi's adult description makes all of us emotional. <3
i just read it- and i can see why. i was emotional too. its so beautiful
π‘Žπ‘ π‘β„Žπ‘œ, 𝑖𝑑/β„Žπ‘’, π‘šπ‘¦ 𝑀𝑒𝑏𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒: π”©π”²π” π”žπ”―π”‘ @ 𝔫𝔒𝔬𝔠𝔦𝔱𝔦𝔒𝔰

πŸ•ΈοΈ π–’π–ž π–˜π–™π–”π–—π–Š: 𝑒𝑏, 𝑔𝑏, π‘‘π‘œπ‘›π‘–π‘  π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘šπ‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘’
(π’“π’†π’”π’•π’π’„π’Œπ’†π’…: 8/2/24 price reduction on Riparian creatures)
πŸ•ΈοΈ π–™π–—π–†π–‰π–Šπ–˜: 𝑖. π‘–π‘ π‘œ π‘‘π‘–π‘œπ‘›π‘¦π‘β„Ž & π‘™π‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘ 𝑐𝑀𝑠

ImageImage
puppiesrock8
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by puppiesrock8 »

Ever since I joined this game in 2010 I have always loveddd Lakiran Platypi, Image

and only this year during Magiversary I noticed the creature called Lesoni Crystalwing #998

For anyone who didn't know, according to the Bestiary it is an unclaimed Lakiran Platypus egg that floated down the stream long and far, past Lake Lakira, until ...

"it finally washed up on the riverbank next to an old, moss-covered carving of a crystalwing. The magi moved to pick it up, feeling sorry for the lonely egg, when it hatched into a winged platypus that looked very much like the crystalwing on the carving. The magi went on to write that the egg itself had wished for it, and that the fate of all forgotten lakiran platypus eggs that flood the stream is to travel here, where they can become a creature magi will want more."

Absolutely love them, just as much as the Lakiran platypi
sending love to each and everyone <3 :wave:
~
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
~
FREE PHOENIX BABIES

~
Wishlist
Spoiler
1) Pygmy Phoenixes (any and all colors) Image
bestiary/207
2) Cascaria Butterfly Image
bestiary/101
castlevania
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by castlevania »

the Reef and Lagoon Deshkivari had a bit in their bestiary entries that stuck out to me:
"Living deshkivari have a rather unusual ability that is generally useless to humans: they can extend their power of flight to allow small fish to breathe out of water and float in the air for a limited time."
i also thought it was interesting that their young feed on plankton until they mature enough emerge onto land, to feed on nectar from tropical flowers.

ImageImage

Return to β€œPopsicle stand”