New? User, looking for advice

New here? Come say hi, or even give us a short bio!
rainebats
An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

New? User, looking for advice

Post by rainebats »

Hi! Once upon a time, I had an account here, but I forgot the info and I only had like 4 creatures so... That being said, I really don't know much about how things work here! I am curious about the best ways to earn gold so I actually have a chance at completing quests and maybe even buying some creatures off of users!
Any other advice would be welcome, and I'm always looking for people to talk to so don't be shy!
I also am curious how people obtain clicks on their eggs, I see forums for it but I'm not sure how helpful they are.
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: New? User, looking for advice

Post by darksouls »

Hi, welcome! I can't really speak to best ways to earn gold right now, there's a bit of a shortage due to gold mining (clicking lots of adult creatures just to earn gold) being disallowed. Outside of that though, this is a good place to leave your eggs so they're clicked!

https://magi-ifn.net/

It's not automatic nor does it mean you're guaranteed clicks, but it does help. The forums do help too, we use them all the time.

Cheers, hope to see you around! :)

- Alex
froglady
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

Due to intensive goldmining (opening hundreds or thousands of links on click sites, usually with automation) crashing the server, there have been changes around gold acquisition. You get 1 gold from eggs and hatchlings every 6 hours per unique creature, but none from adults. There are new methods of getting gold in the works, but we don't know what they are yet (there was a thread up for suggestions a couple months ago). The forums work very well. I find I get at least as many clicks from them as from the image-free nursery to grow my critters and I get a fair amount of gold per day from clicking.

Once you work your way through some of the quests, you'll be able to buy an item that gets you 5 gold per click, but it takes a bit of gold to get there. In the meantime we can look forward to perhaps daily rewards, perhaps minigames, etc etc to help us earn more gold. The next newsletter should be out mid-month.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
rainebats
CreaturesTrade

Post by rainebats »

darksouls wrote: June 13th, 2024, 2:54:08 pm Hi, welcome! I can't really speak to best ways to earn gold right now, there's a bit of a shortage due to gold mining (clicking lots of adult creatures just to earn gold) being disallowed. Outside of that though, this is a good place to leave your eggs so they're clicked!

https://magi-ifn.net/

It's not automatic nor does it mean you're guaranteed clicks, but it does help. The forums do help too, we use them all the time.

Cheers, hope to see you around! :)

- Alex
Thanks for the link! Hope to see you around as well ^.^
rainebats
CreaturesTrade

Post by rainebats »

froglady wrote: June 13th, 2024, 5:18:49 pm Due to intensive goldmining (opening hundreds or thousands of links on click sites, usually with automation) crashing the server, there have been changes around gold acquisition. You get 1 gold from eggs and hatchlings every 6 hours per unique creature, but none from adults. There are new methods of getting gold in the works, but we don't know what they are yet (there was a thread up for suggestions a couple months ago). The forums work very well. I find I get at least as many clicks from them as from the image-free nursery to grow my critters and I get a fair amount of gold per day from clicking.

Once you work your way through some of the quests, you'll be able to buy an item that gets you 5 gold per click, but it takes a bit of gold to get there. In the meantime we can look forward to perhaps daily rewards, perhaps minigames, etc etc to help us earn more gold. The next newsletter should be out mid-month.
That's too bad to hear that users were abusing clicksites and gold mining. I have gotten a few clicks here and there from the one forum click thread I posted in, still working on hatching my first five babies though. I also had a very generous user give me some of their unwanted adult pets through a thread, which don't earn gold but I love collecting.

The quests are pretty confusing for me right now, I'm accepting them but don't really know how to get a lot of the items/creatures they want yet... but I guess it's a learning curve
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by darksouls »

rainebats wrote: June 13th, 2024, 6:57:22 pm That's too bad to hear that users were abusing clicksites and gold mining. I have gotten a few clicks here and there from the one forum click thread I posted in, still working on hatching my first five babies though. I also had a very generous user give me some of their unwanted adult pets through a thread, which don't earn gold but I love collecting.

The quests are pretty confusing for me right now, I'm accepting them but don't really know how to get a lot of the items/creatures they want yet... but I guess it's a learning curve
There's a quest guide here:

https://magistream.com/viewtopic.php?p= ... #p12744645

Most quests aren't too hard to get finished, though finishing them is never a requirement or anything. The post I linked tells you what you need and what the reward is for each of the currently available ones. (some are retired or were only active during events) Word of advice, any creatures you get from quests are typically rare or worth quite a bit of gold, because most quests you can only do once.

Also, people weren't misusing or abusing clicksites; getting gold from adult creatures and being able to goldmine was an intended part of the site. Unfortunately, gold mining simply had to be disallowed because the site can't handle that many links being opened by so many users in general/overall. T_T

Anyway, the guide should help. :)

- Alex
rainebats
CreaturesTrade

Post by rainebats »

darksouls wrote: June 13th, 2024, 7:37:07 pm
rainebats wrote: June 13th, 2024, 6:57:22 pm That's too bad to hear that users were abusing clicksites and gold mining. I have gotten a few clicks here and there from the one forum click thread I posted in, still working on hatching my first five babies though. I also had a very generous user give me some of their unwanted adult pets through a thread, which don't earn gold but I love collecting.

There's a quest guide here:

https://magistream.com/viewtopic.php?p= ... #p12744645

Most quests aren't too hard to get finished, though finishing them is never a requirement or anything. The post I linked tells you what you need and what the reward is for each of the currently available ones. (some are retired or were only active during events) Word of advice, any creatures you get from quests are typically rare or worth quite a bit of gold, because most quests you can only do once.

Also, people weren't misusing or abusing clicksites; getting gold from adult creatures and being able to goldmine was an intended part of the site. Unfortunately, gold mining simply had to be disallowed because the site can't handle that many links being opened by so many users in general/overall. T_T

Anyway, the guide should help. :)

- Alex
Ohhh, that makes more sense. I hope there's fixes with that soon!
Thanks for the guide
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by darksouls »

rainebats wrote: June 13th, 2024, 7:39:20 pm Ohhh, that makes more sense. I hope there's fixes with that soon!
Thanks for the guide
No worries! Best of luck, if you need any help, feel free to ask us. :)

- Alex
froglady
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

The Bestiary can also help with that (link on the second bar under the main navigation). It tells you which creatures can be caught in the Stream, which in tributaries (the yellow dots on the World map), which have to be bought in shops and which have to be bred from other creatures. It also gives you great information on how common the creature is, how many of each gender you have and the difficulty of breeding, along with the possible results. Best of luck.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.

Return to “Introductions”