Puvia inspiration question

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
DarkstarWolf
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Puvia inspiration question

Post by DarkstarWolf »

So ive been looking up mythical creatures lately and got really curious. Is there any specific mythical creature(s) that inspired the Puvia and Aurora Puvia?
~DarkstarWolf

0/25 gifts
Wishlist on my profile, birthday is February 23!

Ѳℓ∂ Ƭσм βσмвα∂ιℓ ιƨ α мɛяяʏ ғɛℓℓσω!
βяιɢнт вℓʋɛ нιƨ ʝαcκɛт ιƨ, αи∂ нιƨ вσσтƨ αяɛ ʏɛℓℓσω!
Ƭнɛяɛ αяɛ иσиɛ ωнσ нαʌɛ cαʋɢнт нιм ʏɛт, ғσя σℓ∂ Ƭσм нɛ ιƨ тнɛ Ѧαƨтɛя!
Ħιƨ ƨσиɢƨ αяɛ ƨтяσиɢɛя ƨσиɢƨ αи∂ нιƨ ғɛɛт αяɛ ғαƨтɛя!
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Puvia inspiration question

Post by audrei9 »

I highly doubt it, there are a lot of magistream creatures that aren't based on anything at all. But assuming that it was based on something, I'd wager the Egyptian firebird. I read a description of one many years ago that it was rainbow coloured with eyes like gems, and absolutely massive. It was sort of like the Bennu bird? But also similar to Horus.

Also, check out this relic of Horus, taken directly from the tomb of Tutankhamun!
Spoiler
source
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Please click these pretty critters! You can click them once every day! :3 TSYM!!!

Proud user of the image free magistream nursery!
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Re: Puvia inspiration question

Post by Airasyraye »

Maybe the Aboriginal Rainbow Bird myth from Australia, the bird who gave the earth fire. She stole fire from the greedy crocodile who refused to share with a cold, dark world and then passed it along to everyone who lived.

Or Achiyalabopa of Pueblo myth. A sky god represented as a rainbow bird with feathers sharp as blades. I literally can't find anything deeper than that for him.

Maybe we'll get a more official answer.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out free gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, hrybrids, alt colors. PM me if you have some to sell! :t-swoon:
ImageImage

Return to “Support and Suggestions”