Anyone familiar with Myst/Riven?

Come here, take a break, chat with friends about anything and everything.
StarlightLabyrinth
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Anyone familiar with Myst/Riven?

Post by StarlightLabyrinth »

Kinda feel super alone in my generation in this regard- these games are from my dads time as a young teen, and nobody I’ve met has known what they are.

So for the unfamiliar: Myst and the games after are point and click puzzle-solving adventure games for the PC made by Cyanworlds. You find a strange book that lets you travel to the island of Myst and have to solve a mystery involving a man named Atrus and his family by solving puzzles and using these magic books (linking books) to travel to other ages (worlds). The series is super fun (and infuriating at times).

It apparently was the best selling pc game until it was beat by the Sims. Plenty of people know of the Sims these days, but I’ve never found another Myst fan- which is surprising to me considering it used to be very popular.

The developers seem pretty well off still, having just released a new game a year or two ago (not set in the myst universe though) called Firmament.

Anyway, anyone know of or want to talk about myst? I’m almost done Revelation now.
-Electra
We are a system! We tag the headmate who is fronting at the end of posts. ImageImageImageImageImageImage
darksouls
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Anyone familiar with Myst/Riven?

Post by darksouls »

We've heard of it before, at least! Point and click games aren't usually our thing but this does sound interesting. :)

- Alex

Return to “Popsicle stand”